GRP Fibre Glass
GRP Fibreglass or Glass Fibre Composites are one of the most useful product groups in the World. Composites have many diverse and practical uses.
- Marine Industry - for construction and repair of boat hulls
- Car body manufacture - like TVR or Lotus
- Flat Roofing - a new concept taking the UK by storm, outlasts felt and is cheaper and easier to install
- Rigid Tooling - for manufacture of parts and pieces
There are essentially two or three items to a composite:
- Gelcoat Layer - a very thin top layer which beautifies the product and gives chemical/water resistance to the glass/resin layers
- Resin - Polyester Resin in Styrene being the most popular, but epoxy and Vinyl Esters are used too.
- Glass Reinforcement - Wetted using resins, forms the majority of the strength of the composite
Please drill into a category to see the products we have relating to making composites: