Epoxy Resin Mixing Guide
Epoxy resins are very simplistic to use, however must be accurately measured. Industrial level epoxies like ours simply cannot be guessed like a tube of hobby epoxy! If you guess, the epoxy will not set properly if at all. The blance of the epoxy and amine catalyst is absolutely critical. So if you dont have digital scales, we would suggest it's time to invest!
SAFETY FIRST ! ! ! Keep Epoxies and their catalysts well away from Polyesters and their catalysts, they are wholly incompatible to be stored together, since Amines reactly badly with Organic Peroxides.
READ ALL SAFETY DATA BEFORE USE OF THE PRODUCT!
1. Gather a suitable recepticle for mixing the quantity you need.
2. Weigh out, preferably with digital scales an amount of part A
3. Half the weight of what you have measured of part B and add to container (this applies to all our systems currently - please check the TDS)
4. Stir well trying not to trap in a load of air. Don't whisk, try to fold and make sure you get to the edges of the pot and the bottom
5. Allow to stand for a moment for air release
6. Begin casting/coating/laminating
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A LONG POTLIFE EPOXY! YOU WILL OBTAIN UP TO 90 MINUTES LIFE! FULL HARDNESS IS ACHIEVED DAY FIVE AFTER USE.