We stock a wide range of fillers from basic padding fillers like Fillite or BLR2 through to speciality fillers like Metal Powders, Cab o Sil and Glass Bubbles. Each has its own properties and uses but primarily:
- Fillite - Will lighten your cast and pad out resin to make it go further
- BLR2 - Will improve brittleness, surface durability and pad resin out but without impacting on viscosity
- Glass Bubbles - Will lighten your cast to the maximum but will also improve water resistance and surface durability
- French Chalk (Talc) - Will thicken resin rapidly making an easy sand filler for composites
- Metal Powders - Will allow you to make items in plastic that look like metal
- Cab O Sil (Fumed Silica) - Will thicken resin to make it cling to verticals like gelcoats
The one single common denominator of all fillers is their impact on curing of your resin. They all slow the reaction down, reducing exotherm and in the case of most resins this will reduce shrinkage. Why not take a look at our Fillers Guide in the content links section to see the impact of fillers on resins. We offer most fillers from 1kg up (with the exception of metal powders which start at 500g) to complete bags.