Polymorph Thermoplastic Granules. A fantastic invention, a miriad of uses. Able to make impressions of non undercut relief shapes to make basic self supporting moulds as well as to be used in Push Moulds or indeed manually shaped by hands. Simply drop into very hot water, over 65 clesius, allow to melt (the granules will become clear) and remove. Use caution when handling right out of the water, the product can scald you when this hot. However it stays supple for a while and soon becomes handleable.
Once made into the desired object simply allow to cool. The plastic will return white and can be used for its intended purpose. Ploymorph is strong (a tensile strength of 580kg/m!), not at all brittle and can be carved, sanded, machined.......however this product is known under several brand names such as ODO HMP and Jet-Set.
We have customers that have used this product in the following areas:
- Mini Moulds for casting RTV Silicone in minutes!
- Handled caps for screw to bottles and jars for easy opening
- Prototyping & Engineering Components
- Mounts for RC motor drives and gearboxes
- Modeling Animals and General Creativity
- Fishing Tackle Rig & Fly Ties
- Fast Set Adhesive
- Replacement RC Model Parts
- Remake Injection Moulded Parts
- Repair for Tools & Handles that have broken
- Wrist and Thumb Supports