What we collect
We may collect all or part of the following information:
- name, job title and Company details
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- date of birth to comply with solvents and dangerous materials laws
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You have the option to opt out during or after signing up
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies are primarily used at this site for Shopping Cart Functionality, such as remembering your login, cart contents and maintaining your logged in status during a visit.
No Cookies are placed on your machine that are used by third parties to track internet activity.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes, however we only use your information internally and never give your data to anyone other than to facilitate delivery
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, that is to say marketing emails from TOMPS you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us. For electronic requests please use the "contact us" link
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at our Headquarters.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Facebook & Twitter Plugins
Please note we cannot be held responsible for data use by these organisations. We offer social networking for mutual benefit of both customer and supplier. If you do not wish to partcipate in the social networking programme, please do not follow us on Facebook or Twitter. We will still not directly share your information with these 3rd Parties. Should they place a cookie on your computer, please refer to their privacy policies for further information
Credit & Debit Card Data
We do not store credit or debit card details on our site. Nor do we share your data with 3rd parties.
Under the new regulations for GDPR and data processing, you will now find an additional check box on checkout giving us permission to share your data with our couriers and delivery agents to facilitate your delivery. If you do not check this box, we will not be able to process and deliver your order. In addition you will also not be able to checkout without agreement.
The text is simple. To the point and short. We do not and never will sell information to third parties and your personal data is stored behind a firewall with security managed by our server host.
Your Right to be Forgotten May be requested at any time at which point we will remove all personal data from our online or offline databases. Simply use the contact us page, call or email to make this request